Google Global Firefox & Chrome Extension
Google Global is a Firefox and Chrome Extension/Add-On that installs quickly and allows you to easily see what any Google search results look like in outer countries, cities and zip codes… exactly as if you were in that location. This extension is unobtrusive and the functions are only available when on a Google search results page so it will not clutter up your menu bar, right click menu or slow down your browser.
Who is it for?
- Any PPC Manager who wants to see what their ads looks like in another location (Including your clients location).
- Any SEO who wants to see how organic Google search results appear in any location (including your clients).
- Anyone who owns or operates a website and wants to see how their website rankings appear in different locations around the world.
- Any business owner away from home who wants to check how their rankings and advertising are appearing back home.
What does it do?
- View paid and organic search results as they appear in different cities.
- View paid and organic search results as they appear in different regions.
- Open all results from countries, cities and regions in multiple tabs for easy comparison.
- View paid and organic search results from a specific IP address.
- View paid and organic search results from any US ZIP code.
- View paid and organic search results from different language results pages.
- Save advanced custom searches for easy right-click access at any time.
Whats new in version 2.4?
- New option to remove the icon from the menu bar.
- New Option to enable the AdTest parameter so you play nice with other advertisers.
- Some performance enhancements.
- New Default language change option (Most of you will not need to change this)
- LBL option (This feature is still in beta and does not work when the adtest option is enabled)
Whats new in version 2.3?
- Automatic updates for future releases.
- Some performance enhancements.
- Support for Firefox V3.6 – 3.7 Alpha
- Bug fix addressing google domains like google.com.au and google.com.mx
- A new icon/logo. Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.
The easiest way to use Google Global is to simply do a search for something on Google. When you see you search results page, simply right click anywhere on the search results page, select “Search Google Global” and select what geographic location you would like to see the results from. It is as simple as that.
There are a few options within Google Global that you can change depending on your personal browsing habits. You can open the search results in a new tab, useful for comparing results, you can add as many locations to your Google Global search options and you can also depersonalize the search results shown by Google Global.
This extension has been a labor of love and we have worked very hard on improving and testing it. One “feature” that did not make this version was the ability to download the extension from the official mozilla.org site. As anyone who has ever developed a Firefox extension before will know, the sandbox waiting time is quite long. If anyone who uses this extension finds it useful and knows what the extension sandbox is, please leave a review and hopefully the next version will be available from the official site.
If anyone has any feedback, bug reports or feature requests, please feel free to let us know.
If you like this free Firefox extension, please help us spread the word.